- 1 lb bacon – cheapest/thinnest cut you can buy (thick cut will not work)
- box of Waverly/Club type crackers
- Prepare cookie sheet with foil. Then place a cookie cooling rack into the pan. This will allow you to cook the bowties and let the grease drip away. A broiler pan would work also.
- Cut the bacon into thirds.
- Take a cracker and wrap a piece of bacon around it’s middle tightly. Place on pan (Brown sugar sprinkling is a possibility at this point – it’s your preference.)
- Cook at 250 degrees for approximately 2.5 hours. You can watch towards the end to keep the crackers from getting too brown. The bacon should cook nicely and draw up the middle of the cracker making a bowtie.
- Serve either hot or cold. These are great for a tailgate or make ahead appetizer.